Long time no blog… Real life has kept me busy and I’ve not had as much time as I’d like to finish this rewrite of mango, but we’re still marching on. It seemed like now was as good a time as any to show off a bit of the functionality and new shiney.
Without further ado…
Some of the features I worked hard on to make things better for users:
- Input boxes in the datatables table are always focused.
- After selecting the dropdown to filter the type of account requests, the search input box is focused.
- When filtering data in one of the tables and there is only 1 row, press <ENTER>.
- It will take you to the href in the very first <td> element which is a hyperlink.
- If there isn’t a <td> with a hyperlink, it won’t do anything.
- All of this uses modern technologies that should be easy to find other hackers to work on it.
- This helps solve the bus factor problem with the current mango where no one really wants to work on php + xslt a whole lot.
- Fix the custom ssh key widget to allow inline-ajax uploads of new ssh keys.
- Port the ssh key widget to use the paramiko library for getting the ssh key fingerprint.
- Account deletion with the ability to undo almost anything using django-reversion
- The super secret foundation member management that only membership committee members can do.
- Extensive auditing so we can see who did what and when.
- A *LOT* of css cleanup and formatting
- Updating the mirrors.txt file when mirrors are modified, added, or deleted.
- Validate all forms live using one of the various jquery live validation plugins
- Lots more
Well thats all good and great, but whats left?
Quite a bit actually. Here are a few things off the top of my head.
Well thats all I’ve got for now. Time for bed.